Oreninc Canadian Resource Financing Index Falls as Broker Action Stays Away, June 11, 2018
Last week index score: 45.96
This week: 35.42
Zinc One Resources (TSX-V: Z) reported the final drill results from the high-grade zinc discovery in the Mina Chica zone of its Bongará zinc project in north-central Peru.
The Oreninc Index fell in the week ending June 8th, 2018 to 35.42 from 45.96 a week ago as financings decreased, and broker action stayed away.
Gold spent the week flirting again with the US$1,300/oz level in the run up to the G7 summit in Canada, with US president Donald Trumplooking to pick a fight with anyone that would pay him attention as he also prepares for a summit meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un. Despite the trade sabre-rattling, those watching the precious metals space are waiting for the outcome of the US Federal Reserve Market Committee (FOMC) meeting this coming week and any indications related to further interest rate increases.
Financings and broker activity continue to be sparse as Oreninc’s Kai Hoffmann showed at the 121 Mining Investment Conference in New York last week, as interest in the mining sector continues in a funk.
On to the money: total fund raises announced halved to C$50.8 million, a two-week low, which included no brokered financings and no bought deal financings. The average offer size fell to C$2.0 million, an eleven-week low whilst the number of financings fell to 25, a two-week low.
Gold closed up at US$1,298/oz from US$1,293/oz a week ago. Gold is now down 0.36% this year. The US dollar index closed down a tad at 93.53 from 94.15 a week ago. The van Eck managed GDXJ closed down a smidge at US$32.78 from US$32.80. The index is down 3.96% so far in 2018. The US Global Go Gold ETF increased to US$12.95 from US$12.71 a week ago. It is now down 0.46% so far in 2018. The HUI Arca Gold BUGS Index closed down at 178.83 from 179.15 last week. The SPDR GLD ETF continued to sell off and closed its inventory down at 828.76 tonnes from at 836.42 tonnes a week ago.
In other commodities, silver closed up at US$16.78/oz from US$16.41/oz a week ago. Copper’s gain accelerated as it closed up at US$3.30/lb from US$3.09/lb last week. Oil continued to lose ground as it closed down slightly at US$65.74 a barrel from US$65.81 a barrel a week ago.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average saw a strong rebound to close up at 25,316 from 24,635 last week. Canada’s S&P/TSX Composite Index also saw a winning week to close up at 16,202 from 16,043 the previous week. The S&P/TSX Venture Composite Index also closed up at 775.22 from 765.94 last week.
- Number of financings decreased to 25, a two-week low.
- One brokered financing was announced this week for C$8.0m, a one-week high.
- No bought-deal financings were announced this week, a one-week low.
- Total dollars nearly halved to C$50.8, a two-week low.
- Average offer size dropped to C$2.0m, an eleven-week low.
Nouveau Monde Graphite (TSX-V: NOU) opened an C$8.0 million private placement @ C$0.30 with Eight Capital and Haywood Securities as co-lead agents.
- Syndicate including Canaccord Genuity and Desjardins Securities.
- Each unit comprised of one share and half a warrant exercisable @ C$0.40 for two years.
- Net proceeds for capital allocations related to Nouveau Monde’s graphite demonstration plant in Saint-Michel-des-Saints.
Major Financing Openings:
- Nouveau Monde Graphite (TSX-V: NOU) opened a C$ 8 million offering underwritten by a syndicate led by Eight Capital on a best effortsbasis. Each unit includes half a warrant that expires in 24 months.
- MGX Minerals (CSE: XMG) opened a C$ 7.01 million offering on a best efforts basis. Each unit includes a warrant that expires in 36 months. The deal is expected to close on or about June 18th.
- GoviEx Uranium (TSX-V: GXU) opened a C$ 6.06 million offering on a best efforts basis. Each unit includes a warrant that expires in 36 months.
- Golden Dawn Minerals (TSX-V: GOM) opened a C$ 5.4 million offering on a best efforts basis. Each unit includes a warrant that expires in 36 months.
Major Financing Closings:
- Troilus Gold (TSX-V: TLG) closed a C$ 10.01 million offering underwritten by a syndicate led by GMP Securities on a bought deal basis.
- Almaden Minerals (TSX: AMM) closed a C$ 9.44 million offering underwritten by a syndicate led by Sprott Capital Partners on a best efforts basis. Each unit included half a warrant that expires in 48 months.
- GoviEx Uranium (CSE: GXU) closed a C$ 6.06 million offering on a best efforts basis. Each unit included a warrant that expires in 36 months.
- Troilus Gold (TSX-V: TLG) closed a C$ 5.75 million offering on a best efforts basis.
Zinc One Resources (TSX-V:Z) reported the final drill results from the high-grade zinc discovery in the Mina Chica zone of its Bongará zinc project in north-central Peru.
- High-grade zinc mineralization is about 200m long and 120m wide.
- Highlights included 21m @ 27.5% Zn in hole MCH-18-041.
With a new high-grade zinc discovery, this phase of drilling has been very successful, adds to the potential of the project, even though the size potential of the Mina Chica zone will have to wait for a future drilling programme. And with only a small portion of the 6km mineralized trend tested, there is a lot more exploration (and results) to come in the future.
Oreninc.com is North America’s leading provider of relevant financing information in the junior commodities space. Since 2011, the company has been keeping track of financings in the junior mining as well as oil and gas space. Logging all relevant deal and company information into its proprietary database, called the Oreninc Deal Log, Oreninc quickly became the go-to website in the mining financing space for investors, analysts, fund managers and company executives alike.
The Oreninc Deal Log keeps track of over 1,400 companies, bringing transparency to an otherwise impenetrable jungle of information. The goal is to increase the visibility of transactions and to show financings activity in a digestible format. Through its daily logging activities, Oreninc is in a position to pinpoint momentum changes in the markets, identify which commodities are trending and which projects are currently receiving funding.