Orezone Gold (TSX:ORE) has announced ongoing drill results from its Phase 3 program at the Bomboré Gold Project in Burkina Faso. Results from P17S-NE along the P17 mineralized trend have been reported from the program. The Phase 3 drilling at P17S was focused to define the continuity of the repeat, folded, high-grade granodiorite mineralized zones. The positive results announced by the company confirmed those zones.
Dr. Pascal Marquis, SVP of Exploration, commented in a press release: “I am extremely pleased with the ongoing drilling results at P17S, which confirm that this deposit continues to grow, not only along the known zones, but with new zones intersected outside of the current resource pit shell. Final results from this program at P17S are expected in the coming weeks. Drilling is now underway at the Siga deposits, as part of our resource conversion program, but we expect to be back drilling at P17S later this year to follow up on these very encouraging results.”
Highlights from the drill results are as follows:
- Down-plunge continuity of the mineralized zones at P17S has now been extended over an additional 100 m beyond the last set of drill results, with more results pending over the next 100 m.
- Drilling has also intercepted significant new mineralization in the footwall of the resource area with Hole BBD1132 returning 30 m of 1.73 g/t Au, which is still open both up and down plunge.
- The mineralized zones are open towards the surface and at depth over a strike of at least 300 m.
P17S Drilling Highlights:
- 20.30 m of 1.88 g/t Au from 171.00 m in hole BBD1104
- 10.65 m of 3.69 g/t Au from 190.00 m in hole BBD1108
- 45.30 m of 1.29 g/t Au from 189.00 m in hole BBD1110
- 18.00 m of 1.59 g/t Au from 134.00 m and 22.15 m of
1.34 g/t Au from 179.85 m in hole BBD1118
- 12.00 m of 2.45 g/t Au from 76.00 m in hole BBD1119
- 18.00 m of 1.74 g/t Au from 124.00 m in hole BBD1120
- 19.50 m of 3.20 g/t Au from 230.50 m in hole BBD1131
- 8.00 m of 6.32 g/t Au from 127.00 m and 30.00 m of
1.73 g/t Au from 245.00 m in hole BBD1132
Table 1: P17 Trend Highlight Drill Results
* True widths for P17S drilling are approximately 90% of drilled lengths.
** Preliminary results without leach residue assays. Final grades will typically increase by 4-6% from those stated.
Figure 1: P17 Trend Plan Map
Figure 2: P17 Trend Long Section
Figure 3: P17S Section 730280E – Pre 2022 Drill Programs
Figure 4: P17S Section 730280E – Drilling to Date