Québec Nickel Corp (CSE:QNI) has announced new assay results from drilling completed at the Fortin Sill Zone, located 80 kilometers northeast of Val-d’Or, Québec. Drilling showed 35.6 metres grading 0.59% nickel, 0.54% copper, 238 parts per million cobalt, 0.44 gram platinum per tonne, 0.42-gram palladium and 0.15-gram gold starting from 11.7 metres depth in step-out hole QDG-22-29.
Furthermore, the Vancouver-based mineral exploration company announced assay results from the Fortin Sill discovery outcrop channel sampling program that was completed this summer. Quebec Nickel SA said that 9,000m in 36 drill holes had been completed at the Ducros project, all of which were done in the eastern section.
Highlights from the step-out drilling are as follows:
- Magmatic Ni-Cu-PGE sulphides encountered in two new holes collared to the southeast of the Fortin Sill Zone discovery outcrop.
- Hole QDG-22-28 cored through a 29.90 metre interval averaging 0.30% Ni, 0.31% Cu, 167 ppm Co, and 0.45 g/t Pt-Pd-Au which includes a higher-grade subinterval containing 0.46% Ni, 0.64% Cu, 209 ppm Co and 0.72 g/t Pt-Pd-Au over 3.24 metres.
- Hole QDG-22-29 intersected a 11.80 metre interval containing 1.44% Ni, 1.49% Cu, 461 ppm Co and 2.79 g/t Pt-Pd-Au which includes a higher-grade subinterval assaying 1.85% Ni, 1.65% Cu (3.50% Ni + Cu), 576 ppm Co and 3.27 g/t Pt-Pd-Au over 8.43 metres.
- A new permit application has been delivered to the Québec Government that will allow for additional expansion drilling of the Fortin Sill Ni-Cu-Co-PGE-Au zone.
Highlights from the Fortin Sill discovery outcrop channel sampling are as follows:
- Channel 2 results: 1.30% Ni + Cu, 179 ppm Co, 1.39 g/t Pt-Pd-Au over 13.00 metres including 1.60% Ni + Cu, 178 ppm Co, 2.02 g/t Pt-Pd-Au over 7.16 metres.
- Channel 5 results: 1.08% Ni + Cu, 207 ppm Co, 1.26 g/t Pt-Pd-Au over 14.45 metres.
The firm said that the results from channel samples collected at the Fortin Sill discovery outcrop in June have been received. The work was completed to verify the results of a limited channel sampling program that was conducted by Golden Valley Mines at the Fortin Sill showing in 2007.
Québec Nickel’s Ducros property is located in the eastern portion of the Abitibi Greenstone Belt and consists of 280 contiguous mining claims covering 15,147 hectares. The company has also submitted a new permit application to the Québec government for permission to create additional access trails and drilling pads. These will be located adjacent to and along the interpreted strike of the Fortin Sill Zone. Additionally, this will allow for expansion drilling at the nickel-copper-cobalt-PGE-gold zone.
Alongside the diamond drilling and channel sampling, a property-wide biogeochemistry survey is being undertaken which will be used to improve future drill targets. Up until now, over 800 black spruce bark samples have been taken and put forward to ALS Global’s analytical laboratory in Vancouver.