Solaris Resources (TSX:SLS) (OTCQB:SLSSF) has reported new assay results from a series of holes at the Warintza East Discovery aimed at growing mineral resources at the Warintza Project in Ecuador. The company made the initial discovery in July 2021, with a total of eight holes covering the overlapping periphery. These were included in the Warintza Central Mineral Resource Estimate (MRE) released in April 2022.
These new results expand the drilled dimensions of the Warintza East footprint to the northeast, east, and south. The deposit still remains open in those directions, with particularly strong soil anomalism to the south.
Mr. Jorge Fierro, Vice President, Exploration, commented in a press release: “Warintza East’s largely undrilled footprint is a target for major mineral resource growth in the ongoing drilling program where only minimal drilling was included in the MRE and adjoins with Warintza Central. Assays are pending from further extensional holes to the north and east and targeting strong soil anomalism in step-out drilling to the south.”
Highlights from the results are as follows:
- SLSE-16 was collared at the eastern limit of the grid and drilled southwest into an open volume, returning 108m of 0.57% CuEq² within a broader interval of 712m of 0.45% CuEq² from surface, extending mineralization to the south and southeast where it remains open
- This hole was collared approximately 250m to the southeast of SLSE-13 (refer to Company press release dated Nov 14, 2022), which previously returned 104m of 0.45% CuEq² from surface within a broader interval of 618m of 0.29% CuEq²
- SLSE-17 was collared in the middle of the Warintza East drill grid and drilled southeast into an open volume, returning 144m of 0.52% CuEq² from surface within a broader interval of 914m of 0.40% CuEq², extending mineralization to the east where it remains open
- This hole extends the drilled dimensions further to the east beyond SLSE-14 (refer to Company press release dated Nov 14, 2022), which previously returned 292m of 0.50% CuEq² from near surface within a broader interval of 694m of 0.40% CuEq²
- SLSE-19 was collared in the middle of the Warintza East drill grid and drilled northeast into an open volume, returning 270m of 0.40% CuEq² from surface within a broader interval of 580m of 0.31% CuEq², expanding the footprint to the northeast where it remains open
- Drilling to date confirms Warintza East as a significant porphyry deposit that adjoins Warintza Central and remains open for expansion, with assays pending from a series of extensional holes to the north, east, south and southeast
Table 1 – Assay Results
|Hole ID||Date Reported||From (m)||To (m)||Interval (m)||Cu (%)||Mo (%)||Au (g/t)||CuEq² (%)|
|SLSE-19||Jan 17, 2023||0||580||580||0.24||0.01||0.03||0.31|
Notes to table: True widths of the mineralized zone are not known at this time.
Table 2 – Collar Location
|Hole ID||Easting||Northing||Elevation (m)||Depth (m)||Azimuth (degrees)||Dip (degrees)|
|Notes to table: The coordinates are in WGS84 17S Datum.|