Solaris Resources has just announced its latest assay results from ongoing resource expansion drilling at its Warintza Project in southeastern Ecuador.
Mr. Jorge Fierro, Vice President, Exploration, commented “Drilling at Warintza Central continues to expand the dimensions of the zone beyond its original footprint. The strike length of Central now measures over 1,250m, with ongoing drilling aiming to extend the zone further to the east, broaden the zone to the north, and test the potential for a southern extension of at least 500m at El Trinche. At the same time, we await additional assays for our recent Warintza East discovery, where we have just added a second rig to accelerate drilling.”
The highlights from the results are as follows:
- Three additional holes at Warintza Central have unfilled gaps within the drilling pattern and extended the envelope of high-grade mineralization to the east, with high-grade mineralization encountered in all holes starting at or near the surface.
- SLS-27 was collared in the southwestern part of Warintza Central and drilled into a partially-open volume to the northeast, returning 462m of 0.91% CuEq¹ from near surface, including 372m of 1.02% CuEq¹ from 36m depth, infilling and extending mineralization in this area.
- SLS-28 was collared in the middle of Warintza Central and drilled into a partially-open volume to the northeast, returning 632m of 0.68% CuEq¹ from surface, including 316m of 1.00% CuEq¹ from 42m depth, infilling and extending mineralization in this area.
- SLS-29 was collared at the southeastern limit of the Warintza Central grid and drilled into an open volume to the east, returning 1,184m of 0.68% CuEq¹ from surface, including 480m of 0.80% CuEq¹ from 48m depth, extending mineralization to the east in this area.
- Maiden drilling has begun at El Trinche, a potential southern extension of Warintza Central, with the first hole collared approximately 500m beyond the southern limit of drilling in an area of rock sampling with values ranging from 0.3-1.1% copper at surface.
- To date, 40 holes have been completed at Warintza Central with assays reported for 29 of these. The assay backlog has grown due to downtime at the Project’s principal lab in Lima to install additional equipment and increase capacity, with operations having now resumed.
- Increased news flow is expected from September through year-end, including remaining assays from SLSE-01, which marked a new discovery at Warintza East (see press release dated July 20, 2021), with the Company adding a second rig to accelerate this important drilling.
Source: Solaris Resources
Solaris Resources Inc. is a part of the Augusta group of companies and is “responsibly and sustainably advancing a portfolio of copper and gold projects in the Americas.” The company currently operates their Warintza project in Ecuador, and expects to be drilling for discoveries at Tamarugo and Ricardo projects in Chile and Capricho and Paco Orco projects in Peru.