The copper market has been on a tear in recent years and is expected to continue to do well in the near future. This is good news for Warintza Project’s (TSX:SLS) (OTCQB:SLSSF) copper project, as it will take advantage of the market’s tailwinds in a way that most other junior mining companies’ projects won’t be able to. Solaris recently published results from Warintza West, marking the fourth discovery within the Warintza porphyry cluster.
Located just 1 kilometre west of the Warintza Central Mineral Resource Estimate (MRE), the discovery was reported with the results of SLSW-01. Another big discovery for the company, it outlines a broad porphyry deposit of at least 900m x 600m and till open and miles adjacent to but not included within the MRE. This significantly expands the opportunities at the project which has the potential to be a “super-pit”.
Exciting results from the report included:
- SLSW-07 (drilled north) returned 686m of 0.46% CuEq¹ within a broader interval of 912m of 0.41% CuEq¹ from near surface
- SLSW-02 (drilled vertically) returned 246m of 0.47% CuEq¹ from near surface
- SLSW-09 (drilled west) returned 202m of 0.45% CuEq¹ within a broader interval of 444m of 0.36% CuEq¹ from near surface
- SLSW-08 (drilled northwest) returned 78m of 0.56% CuEq¹ within a broader interval of 812m of 0.32% CuEq¹ from near surface
- SLSW-04 (drilled northeast) returned 264m of 0.44% CuEq¹ from near surface
- SLSW-10 (drilled southwest) returned 220m of 0.41% CuEq¹ from near surface
- SLSW-03 (drilled southeast) returned 102m of 0.39% CuEq¹ within a broader interval of 911m of 0.24% CuEq¹ from near surface
- SLSW-05 (drilled northeast) returned 272m of 0.38% CuEq¹ within a broader interval of 570m of 0.30% CuEq¹ from near surface
- SLSW-06 (drilled east) returned 732m of 0.32% CuEq¹ from near surface
These results and the project also stand out for a few reasons:
The project is located in a key copper-producing region
The project is located in a key copper-producing region The project is located in a key copper-producing region of southeastern Ecuador.
The company has committed to fully transparent disclosure
With a good copper price forecast and a commitment to fully disclose all exploration results, Warintza Project is well-positioned to benefit from the market’s current momentum and investor enthusiasm through each new discovery.
Solaris Resources has a strong environmental, social and governance (ESG) strategy. This includes consultation with local communities and sustainable mining practices.
A project developed at just the right time
As the green energy transition gains momentum, copper is becoming an increasingly important component of sustainable infrastructure. Copper is also a critical component of many modern technologies, including renewable energy and electric vehicles.
While spot copper prices are all over the place due to larger market forces, the long-term trend remains strongly in place. As potentially one of the largest new projects of its kind, Warintza Project and Solaris Resources are ideally situated to capitalize.