1. The short seasonal rally for gold that typically follows India’s Akha Teej holiday (May 7 this year) is in play but this time it is being “juiced” by a major U.S. stock market meltdown!
2. In a game with nine innings, the U.S. business cycle is probably in the eighth or ninth inning.
3. Stock market welfare programs provided by central banks (QE and intense rate cuts) have extended the bull market in stocks. QE is a vile form of corporate socialism. Horrifically, QE is maniacally embraced by governments around the world.
4. Extreme interest rate cuts are a tool to attack elderly savers and make small business loans unprofitable, while promoting stock market buybacks that enrich the elite. These rate cuts and QE also promote government debt worship.
5. The debt worship, which is particularly prevalent in America, has exponentially increased the danger of a 1929-style global stock markets crash. Ominously, it’s happening as the business cycle peaks and a wave of de-dollarization is racing across the globe.
6. U.S. oil company profits have played a big role in overall stock market earnings, and oil suddenly looks quite shaky.
7. The tech-weighted Nasdaq has done better than the Dow in recent years, but the latest tariff tax tantrums thrown by U.S. and Chinese governments could become big nails in the overall earnings growth coffin.
8. Please click here now. Mike Wilson is one of America’s most influential stock market analysts. He suggests that America is headed for recession if more tariffs are coming. I’ve predicted more tariffs are on the way, and here to stay!
9. The tariffs are here for the long-term because the decline of America as lead empire is long-term. Some major bank economists and analysts are also beginning to adopt this view.
10. My www.guswinger.com swing trade service caught all the latest downside action in the Nasdaq as well as the stunning rally in the dollar against the yuan in the FOREX market. These swing trades are mechanical. They are not influenced by U.S. government “world growth leader” propaganda and debt worship.
11. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. The Dow has gone nowhere since the tariff taxes were launched. I predict it will continue to go nowhere.
12. Horrifically, at this stage of the business cycle a meltdown is as likely as sideways action. The only people making any money in this stock market are short-term traders and dividend investors.
13. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this superb gold chart. The bull wedge breakout is impressive but until the dollar collapses against the yen I would not get overly excited about gold’s immediate prospects for substantially higher prices.
14. On that note, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. I warned investors about the importance of the 109.50 price zone on this USD vs yen chart.
15. A sustained decline below 109.50 would likely see gold challenge the $1350 area highs and the U.S. stock market could enter an “incineration” phase.
16. The influence of Chinese citizens on the gold price should not be underestimated. The tariff taxes are creating a wave of nationalism but also concern about the stock market.
17. When risks rise, bank FOREX traders buy the yen, sell the dollar, and China goes for the gold!
18. I don’t expect the Chinese government to aggressively sell US T-bonds right now, but more U.S. tariffs are likely and then I expect significant T-bond selling to get underway.
19. That will create concerning inflation in America as the U.S. government is forced to either print money or raise rates to peddle its debt to cautious domestic buyers. Hedge fund “supremo” Ray Dalio has predicted America’s future is an inflationary depression. Going forward, all roads lead to gold.
20. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this GDX chart. There’s nothing negative about the price action in most gold stocks right now. It’s all positive. Note the burst of volume during yesterday’s spectacular GDX rally….
21. A rally that occurred while the Dow tumbled 600 points!
22. In the big picture, it’s quite rare for gold stocks to fall while the stock market falls. It happened in 2008 due to system risk but that’s the exception to the gold stocks versus stock market rule.
23. Volume has generally softened since the February strong demand season peak after generally rising during the September-February rally. Note my 14,7,7 Stochastics series buy signal that is just occurring now. A Friday close above $23 is my “launchpad” number.
24. What would be the main feature of an inflationary depression? It would probably be extreme money printing conducted by the U.S. government. GDX has a realistic chance of hitting the $30 area in the second half of this year, and then going even higher in 2020. The good news for gold stock investors is that tariffs are not likely to go away until stock markets incinerate, inflation skyrockets, and the price of gold begins to go parabolic!
Special Offer For Website Readers: Please send me an Email to email@example.com and I’ll send you my free “Make Gold Stock Profits Now!” report. I highlight key gold stock breakouts and include investor tactics to make money and limit risk. I also highlight the stunning action in bitcoin that is occurring during the stock market meltdown!
Stewart Thomson is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am-9am. The newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered point form. Giving clarity of each point and saving valuable reading time.
Risks, Disclaimers, Legal
Stewart Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced and qualified investment advisors and get numerous opinions before taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the world is: 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products. There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line:
Are You Prepared?